Having exam tomorrow. Magnetic field between capacitors?

In summary, the purpose of studying magnetic fields between capacitors is to understand the relationship between electric and magnetic fields and how they interact with each other. The magnetic field between capacitors can be calculated using the formula B = μ0I/2πr and is affected by factors such as distance, current, and material permeability. The magnetic field between capacitors changes with time due to changing electric fields and has real-life applications in electronic devices and advanced technologies.
ippo90
You have a circular capacitor (radius = R). Find the magnetic field from the central axis,
for r > R?

I have solved the first one for r<R by using ampere's law:

/B dr = my(I + d/dt(flux of electric field))

the answer is hard to write in a post like this, but I will do if necessary.

I have been trying hard but can't figure it out. Can you help me?

Thank you for all help!

Physics news on Phys.org
How fast does the charge on the capacitor change?

1. What is the purpose of studying magnetic fields between capacitors?

The purpose of studying magnetic fields between capacitors is to understand the relationship between electric and magnetic fields and how they interact with each other. This knowledge is important in various fields such as electronics, electromagnetics, and physics.

2. How is the magnetic field between capacitors calculated?

The magnetic field between capacitors can be calculated using the formula B = μ0I/2πr, where B is the magnetic field, μ0 is the permeability of free space, I is the current flowing through the capacitor, and r is the distance between the two capacitors.

3. What factors affect the strength of the magnetic field between capacitors?

The strength of the magnetic field between capacitors is affected by the distance between the two capacitors, the current flowing through the capacitors, and the permeability of the material between the capacitors.

4. How does the magnetic field between capacitors change with time?

The magnetic field between capacitors changes with time due to the changing electric fields between the capacitors. As the electric fields change, the magnetic fields also change, causing the overall magnetic field between the capacitors to fluctuate.

5. What are some real-life applications of understanding magnetic fields between capacitors?

Understanding magnetic fields between capacitors is crucial in designing and operating various electronic devices such as motors, generators, and transformers. It is also important in developing advanced technologies such as magnetic levitation and wireless charging.