I know that for products produced in the EU and United States, I needn't worry about lead on components. That being said, I many times purchase products from Chinese sellers due to the low bulk price. I recently read that an electrical engineer with the tendency to chew wires while stripping them was heavily poisoned by lead due to paint on wires. While I am aware that it is wise to wash one's hands before leaving the lab, I have never seen this practice in basic electronics (outside of professional lab setting that may involve toxins). My question is: Need I worry about lead poisoning from the paint and ceramics on components? I often use my pens and computer while in the lab for the sake of writing circuit diagrams and finding clarification. I am concerned about lead dust getting on my computer, pens, and potentially absorbed through my skin. Could anybody confirm or deny my fears, or am I simply being paranoid? EDIT: The objects in question are electrolytic capacitors, and paint and leads on resistors and inductors.