Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help getting Boost included in my C++ program

1. Dec 21, 2014 #1
    I've changed the Library Search Path to the folder that contains the file I'm trying to use, filesystem.hpp, and then including the file with the directive #include <filesystem.hpp>. I've also tried changing it to "filesystem.hpp"; changing the search to recursive; trying to grab it from the folder 1 level above in the directory by changing the search path 1 level above and changing the directive to #include <boost/filestysem.hpp>, #include "boost/filestysem.hpp", etc.

Hopefully the following screenshots can show you where I'm at.

b56GX.png

24o9kqh.jpg

Any suggestions about what I can try to fix this?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2014 #2
    Here is an "imaginary" guideline :DD. Use this with your own risk.

1. Download Boost and extract it into your favorite folder.
    2. Check the xxxboostxxx.sh file to see if its version to be installed matches with one you would want to build.
    3. Run it ./xxxboostxxx.sh, after which the BOOST environment variable will be created.
    4. Create your build settings in XCode (you can use the attachments below then fix the versions of gcc/g++ compiler and boost).
    OTHER_LDFLAGS = $(BOOST)/lib/libboost_system-xgcc48-mt-$(BOOST_VERSION)-macosx.a
    HEADER_SEARCH_PATHS = $(inherited) $(BOOST)/include/boost-$(BOOST_VERSION)/
    LIBRARY_SEARCH_PATHS = $(inherited) $(BOOST)/lib
    BOOST_VERSION = 1_57

Attached Files:

4. Dec 29, 2014 #3
    Done.

It doesn't. Should I change the VERSION variable accordingly?

Am I supposed to use a modified version of that script and is supposed to be self-explanatory which portions I need to modify for my own use?

5. Dec 29, 2014 #4
    I may have detected my problem. I'm trying to use the Filesystem library and it says here that Filesystem requires a separate build.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook