Help identify this label (electrical/nuclear engineering equipment)

In summary, the conversation is about a new poster seeking help in identifying an obscure equipment label. The label appears to involve rotary switches and may be related to electrical or nuclear engineering. Questions are raised about the size, material, and missing text on the label, with some speculating it could be part of an aircraft radio control panel.
One Time
Hi all,

New poster here. I'm wondering if anyone can help identify this obscure equipment label.
I'm not an engineer so I can't hazard a guess as to what the abbreviations may be and what this device may have been used for.

Rotary switches may have been involved on this equipment and NRADS seems to be net radiation.

I'd hazard a guess in that it is electrical or nuclear engineering.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 670
Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF
Is that a photo of the label or your reconstruction?
There is no scale, what is the size of label and height of the text?
What is background material? Paper or metal?
What is the red text material? Paint or transfer film? (Letraset was available in red).
Could some letters have been lost? If you wet them do they slide or can they be peeled?
My first guess would be to fill in missing text. TR G = TRIG ?

It doesn't look like a label. It looks like a "sticker" sheet of decals to be applied to the control panel of some device.

I feel like there is context here we aren't being told. But it looks like part of an aircraft radio control panel to me.

GB6500_front.jpg

Attachments

• GB6500_front.jpg
    GB6500_front.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,117
Likes Tom.G and Asymptotic
russ_watters said:
I feel like there is context here we aren't being told. But it looks like part of an aircraft radio control panel to me.

View attachment 220478

Thank you!

1. What is the purpose of this label?

The purpose of this label is to provide important information about the equipment, such as its functionality, safety precautions, and maintenance instructions.

2. What does the label's color coding mean?

The color coding on the label may indicate different types of equipment, voltage levels, or safety hazards. It is important to refer to the manufacturer's guidelines or industry standards to determine the specific meaning of the color coding.

3. Why are there different symbols and numbers on the label?

The different symbols and numbers on the label represent important information about the equipment, such as its model number, serial number, and safety ratings. These numbers and symbols are used for identification and tracking purposes.

4. How can I understand the technical information on the label?

The technical information on the label may include specifications, ratings, and performance data. It is important to have a basic understanding of electrical and nuclear engineering principles in order to interpret this information accurately. If you are unsure, it is best to consult a professional or refer to the equipment's manual.

5. Is it safe to operate the equipment without referring to the label?

No, it is not safe to operate the equipment without referring to the label. The label contains important safety information and guidelines that must be followed to ensure safe operation of the equipment. It is important to always refer to the label before using the equipment.