Help on a project for Physics class. Already have one idea

In summary, the conversation discussed a project where a vehicle must tow 2 objects across a 30ft fishing line. The vehicle will then have to navigate an incline of less than 45 degrees. The use of battery-powered items was suggested and the idea of using a remote control car was brought up, but the issue of connecting it to the line without restricting its forward motion was raised. The possibility of using elastic fishing line or rubber rollers was also mentioned. The conversation ended with the question of what ideas the individual had come up with.
PerfumeLover

Homework Statement

So basically I have a project where I have to basically make a vehicle that can tow 2 objects and across a 30ft fishing line. The line will be pulled tightly. After we've demonstrated our vehicle's ability to go 30ft, the line will be angled at a slight incline. Definitely less than 45 degrees. We can use battery powered items for our vehicle. Do you have any ideas?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I was thinking use a remote control car to go across, however the main problem with that one would be how to connect it to the line without restricting the forward motion of the car. Any suggestions for this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Not sure if this would be against the rules... .

Some fishing line is quite elastic. If you have 30ft it might be possible to stretch the line enough to wrap a turn around a wheel.

If that's not allowed then pinch the line between two rubber rollers or between say three staggered rollers.

What ideas have you come up with?

1. What is the purpose of the project?

The purpose of the project is to apply concepts and principles learned in class to a real-world scenario, and to demonstrate your understanding and ability to analyze and solve problems using physics principles. This will also help you to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

2. What are the requirements for the project?

The requirements for the project may vary depending on your teacher's instructions, but typically it will involve choosing a topic related to physics, conducting research, designing and performing experiments, and presenting your findings in a written report or presentation. It is important to carefully read and understand the project guidelines to ensure that you meet all the requirements.

3. How can I come up with a good project idea?

One way to come up with a good project idea is to think about real-world problems or phenomena that interest you and relate to physics. You can also look for inspiration from current scientific research or explore topics covered in your textbook or class lectures. It can also be helpful to discuss ideas with your classmates or teacher.

4. How much time should I dedicate to the project?

The amount of time you should dedicate to the project will depend on the complexity of your chosen topic and the requirements set by your teacher. It is important to start early and allocate enough time for research, experimentation, and analysis. Procrastinating can lead to a rushed and incomplete project, so it is recommended to plan ahead and manage your time effectively.

5. Can I get help or guidance on my project?

Yes, you can seek help or guidance from your teacher, classmates, or a tutor. They can provide feedback on your project idea, offer suggestions for improvement, and answer any questions you may have. Just make sure to properly cite any sources you use and do not rely on others to do the work for you, as the project should reflect your own understanding and effort.