1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help on a project for Physics class. Already have one idea!

1. Sep 11, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    So basically I have a project where I have to basically make a vehicle that can tow 2 objects and across a 30ft fishing line. The line will be pulled tightly. After we've demonstrated our vehicle's ability to go 30ft, the line will be angled at a slight incline. Definitely less than 45 degrees. We can use battery powered items for our vehicle. Do you have any ideas?

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    I was thinking use a remote control car to go across, however the main problem with that one would be how to connect it to the line without restricting the forward motion of the car. Any suggestions for this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2013 #2

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Not sure if this would be against the rules... .

Some fishing line is quite elastic. If you have 30ft it might be possible to stretch the line enough to wrap a turn around a wheel.

If that's not allowed then pinch the line between two rubber rollers or between say three staggered rollers.

What ideas have you come up with?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted