Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help On Engineering Probability Resources

1. Jan 14, 2009 #1
    Dear all,

I'm currently taking an engineering module which is probability based. However, it's not a maths module. Instead, it's a probability module designed to come under the context of engineering. The probability topics range from sets, RV, PDF, applied statistics, random process, complex analysis, conformal mapping, linear algebra and optimization.

I have been searching online for alternative lecture notes to supplement my reading and understanding. However, I'm unable to find it any good notes to refer. Hence, I'm wondering if any of you may happen to come across some good notes to recommend.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2009 #2
    hmm, i dunno, when i took it, we used the Papoulis book, which starts off with an axiomatic treatment of probability. it was maybe the most mathematical class i ever took, despite being in the engineering department. i think i had a Schaum's outline as supplemental material, but that was it.
  4. Jan 27, 2009 #3
    Although I think the Papoulis - Probability, Random Variables and Stochastic Processes is a great book, there is another book with a somewhat less theoretical approach you might want to have a look at - Miller and Freund - Probability and Statistics for Engineers.
    Good Luck.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?