1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with Engineering Statistics

1. Oct 24, 2013 #1
    Hi All,
    I am in the middle of my term and discovering that I'm terrible at Probability and Statistics. My professor is nice and so terribly clever that he makes it all seem reasonable (until I'm on my own with the text trying to make the work come out right.) If I don't change course, I 'm going to do badly- what would you do if you were me?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2013 #2
    Probability is best digested from the ground up. Make sure you really understand the basics before progressing to the next concept. Combinatorics, conditional probability, independence, etc. Prob/stats is either terribly abstract, stupid, annoying and boring or easy, applicable and fascinating depending on if you do it thoroughly and make sure you really understand what you're doing.

So I'd forget about my weekly assignments for now and go back to my FIRST weeks assignments. Hopefully it'll start to click and you'll be back in phase in no time.

4. Oct 25, 2013 #3
    Thanks for the input:) I think I'll do that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook