Help(Using a fourier series to find the sum of second series

In summary, the conversation is about finding the complex Fourier series for a given function on the interval (0,π) and using it to find the sum of a series involving only sine terms. The conversation also includes hints and questions about the connection between the given function and the series, the use of odd extensions and half-range expansions, and the understanding of Fourier coefficients for even and odd functions.
Yes, that is the theorem you want to use. But it won't be of any use to you until you figure out how to extend the definition of f(x) to get an odd continuous periodic function.

You do have an instructor you can talk to, don't you? You don't need to apologize for being a "newbie" or not understanding a subject. But I do think, from our discussions, that you really do need to go over this problem with your instructor. There are several pretty basic things I think you don't understand.

Physics news on Phys.org
LCKurtz said:
Yes, that is the theorem you want to use. But it won't be of any use to you until you figure out how to extend the definition of f(x) to get an odd continuous periodic function.

You do have an instructor you can talk to, don't you? You don't need to apologize for being a "newbie" or not understanding a subject. But I do think, from our discussions, that you really do need to go over this problem with your instructor. There are several pretty basic things I think you don't understand.

okay so that theorem in my previous post its userable here either ??

my instruction gave me the extra day to solve this problem under the condition that could come with a solution. So I can't ask him.