Help with multiple choice for physics test

In summary, the individual is seeking help with finding the correct answers to multiple choice questions for an upcoming physics test. They are specifically looking for assistance with question 1 of an attached PDF, but have not provided the attachment. After being reminded, they attach the PDF and the individual is advised to use kinematics to solve the time it takes to travel the length of the incline and to consider the forces causing tilting. They ask for the answers, but are only offered assistance if they show their work.
TsAmE

Homework Statement

Trying to find out correct answers to multiple choice.

Homework Equations

None

The Attempt at a Solution

I have an important physics test coming up and I tried the multiple choice questions from a past paper, but unfortunately there is no memo. Could someone please check/help me with my answers (Question 1 of the attached pdf).

1.1 A (cause 40 degrees optimum angle for longest range)

1.2 Not sure

1.3 A (tension vector to the top left, tension component to the left: centripetal a, mg down)

1.4 Have no idea

1.5 Have no idea

Physics news on Phys.org
No attachment.

Oops I forgot. Here it is

Where?

Sorry run into slight glitch but its now attached

Attachments

• test2-09.pdf
    40.4 KB · Views: 747
1.1) No, 45 degrees is the optimal angle for range. But that does not even matter since the question is asking about time. You need to find an equation for the time in the air.

1.2) Draw the forces to find the acceleration in each case. Then use kinematics to solve the time it takes to travel the length of the incline. Then use the fact that it takes double the time when friction is involved.

1.3) Doesn't the tension (diagonal top left) include the component going straight up and the component going to the center of the circle?

1.4/1.5) Think about what will cause it to tilt and come up with some equations, at least try.

Last edited:
Oh ok. Can you give me the answers cause I need to check them to see if I got them right

Only if you show your work.

1. How can I prepare for a multiple choice physics test?

To prepare for a multiple choice physics test, it is important to thoroughly review all of the material covered in class. This includes taking thorough notes, studying lecture slides and textbooks, and completing practice problems. It can also be helpful to form study groups or seek help from a tutor if needed.

2. How should I approach answering multiple choice questions in a physics test?

When answering multiple choice questions in a physics test, it is important to read each question carefully and eliminate any obviously incorrect answers. Then, use your knowledge of the subject matter and any relevant equations to determine the most accurate answer. It can also be helpful to plug in the answer choices to see which one makes the most sense.

3. What should I do if I am unsure of the answer to a multiple choice question on a physics test?

If you are unsure of the answer to a multiple choice question on a physics test, it is important to avoid guessing unless you can eliminate at least one answer choice. Instead, use any relevant equations or formulas to try and work out the answer. If you are still unsure, it is better to leave the question blank and come back to it later.

4. How can I manage my time effectively when taking a multiple choice physics test?

To manage your time effectively on a multiple choice physics test, it is important to read each question carefully and not spend too much time on any one question. If you are unsure of an answer, skip it and come back to it later. It can also be helpful to wear a watch or keep track of time on the test to ensure you are staying on track.

5. How can I avoid making careless mistakes on a multiple choice physics test?

To avoid making careless mistakes on a multiple choice physics test, it is important to read each question and answer choice carefully. Pay attention to units and make sure you are using the correct equations and formulas. It can also be helpful to double check your work and review any questions you may have skipped at the end of the test.