[Help] with Numbering System Digital Circuit

In summary, if you are given 3 * 6 and want to solve for B, and you are using a base of 8, 3 * 6 = 8 + 2x.
bibo_dvd
[Help] with Numbering System "Digital Circuit"

Hello Guys ..

iam having an exam on digital circuits and i try to work on some problems about numbering systems

and i found this problems but i couldn't solve it ..

i said that (x-3)(x-6)=x^2-11x+22
then i said that

x^2-9x+18=x^2-11x+22
so 2x=4 and x=2 but i didn't know what to do after that ..so please help me :))

xq6IuWH.png

Thx Guys !

Physics news on Phys.org
bibo_dvd said:
Hello Guys ..

iam having an exam on digital circuits and i try to work on some problems about numbering systems

and i found this problems but i couldn't solve it ..

i said that (x-3)(x-6)=x^2-11x+22
then i said that

x^2-9x+18=x^2-11x+22
so 2x=4 and x=2 but i didn't know what to do after that ..so please help me :))

xq6IuWH.png

Thx Guys !

If 3 * 6 = 22, what is the base?

And this is for a logic circuits class? Really?

X=3 and X=6 are not the same solution at the same time, so saying that (x-3)(x-6)=ANYTHING is not helpful.

The solution falls out of Berkeman's approach immediately, but if you want an algebraic (and more complicated) method, try this:

Express the equation you are given as a function of an assumed base B and express everything in the equation as a decimal equivalent and then solve for B. It's trivial, really, whether you start with 3 or start with 6.

And REMEMBER, expressed as a decimal number, "22-base-B" is 2*B + 2 and similarly for the 11.

This was the first chapter of Digital Circuits ..an Introduction for binary and other numbering systems ...this was the first section of the course :D

and if 3 * 6 = 22
then 3 * 6 = 2+2x then base = 8 :))

There are 10 kinds of people in the world... :smile:

Hahahah ..i think ..it depends on the base we are using , Berkeman :biggrin:

1. What is a numbering system in digital circuits?

In digital circuits, a numbering system is a way to represent and organize numbers in binary form using only two digits, 0 and 1. This system is used in computer hardware and electronic devices to encode and process information.

2. What are the different types of numbering systems used in digital circuits?

The most commonly used numbering systems in digital circuits are binary, octal, decimal, and hexadecimal. Each system has a different base and number of digits, which makes it suitable for different applications.

3. How is binary code converted to other numbering systems?

To convert binary code to other numbering systems, we can use the concept of place value. Each digit in a binary number represents a power of 2, and we can use this to convert the binary number to its decimal equivalent. From there, we can convert to other numbering systems using the same method.

4. Why is the binary numbering system used in digital circuits?

The binary numbering system is used in digital circuits because it is the most efficient way to represent and process data in electronic devices. Binary digits, or bits, can easily be represented using electrical signals, making it ideal for digital circuits.

5. How do numbering systems affect the performance of digital circuits?

The choice of numbering system can affect the performance of digital circuits. For example, using a higher base system like hexadecimal can reduce the number of digits needed to represent a number, making it more efficient. However, converting between different numbering systems can also require additional processing time, which can impact performance.