Help with understanding programming

• Thread starter smartypants123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Programming
In summary, if you are interested in developing AI programs, I would recommend checking out the TensorFlow website.
smartypants123
I am a very, VERY experienced programmer, as i programed in khan academy, scratch, code academy, and used android studio for programming robots in real life. However, i am very interested in programming A.I's and i learned a lot about that on codeacademy. My question is, what type of program do i look for that is a lot like the one in codeacademy (by the way, if u go to the codeacademy website, which would help, and see what i am talking about, go to "courses" and go down to 'language skills'. Then go down and cklick on the learn java part, as i prefer to work in java:smile:)

please help me out here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Technology news on Phys.org
smartypants123 said:
I am a very, VERY experienced programmer, as i programed in khan academy, scratch, code academy, and used android studio for programming robots in real life. However, i am very interested in programming A.I's and i learned a lot about that on codeacademy. My question is, what type of program do i look for that is a lot like the one in codeacademy (by the way, if u go to the codeacademy website, which would help, and see what i am talking about, go to "courses" and go down to 'language skills'. Then go down and cklick on the learn java part, as i prefer to work in java:smile:)?

please help me out here!:oldbiggrin:
Your question is unclear. After you click the "Learn Java" button, what then? Are you asking how to develop a web application like the one that codecademy has?

Also, please don't use "text-speak" here at PF ("u" for "you" and so on), which isn't permitted under the rules at this site.

Last edited by a moderator:
smartypants123 said:
i am very interested in programming A.I's and i learned a lot about that on codeacademy.
A.I. is a very large subject. If you learned a lot about A.I., can you describe the nature of the A.I. that you are interested in? Or is that your question?

Hm. I've been programming since 1968. I still don't think I'm that great. Must have missed something.

Anyway what you seem to want is an interface to open source AI engines. So you can code in java or whatever. Decent AI development requires multiple programmers. Using existing AI libraries can be a one person thing.

https://www.tensorflow.org/ by Google is free, has lots of help, and is considered by the folks who know to be well documented and a very good project, all in all.

Likes Thomas Thelen

1. What is programming?

Programming is the process of creating computer software or applications by writing code in a specific programming language. It involves breaking down a problem into smaller, manageable steps and using a set of instructions to solve it.

2. Do I need to have a background in math or science to understand programming?

No, you do not need to have a background in math or science to understand programming. While having a strong foundation in these subjects can be helpful, anyone can learn how to program with practice and dedication.

3. What is the best programming language for beginners?

The best programming language for beginners is subjective and depends on personal preference and the type of projects you want to work on. Some popular options for beginners include Python, Java, and JavaScript.

4. Is programming difficult to learn?

Learning programming can be challenging, but it is not impossible. Like any new skill, it takes time, practice, and patience. With dedication and perseverance, anyone can learn how to program.

5. How can I improve my understanding of programming?

The best way to improve your understanding of programming is to practice regularly. Start with small projects and gradually work your way up to more complex ones. It is also helpful to read and study code written by experienced programmers and to seek out online tutorials and courses.