1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi guys, I am looking for some advice on animating or simulating brake system

1. Aug 4, 2015 #1
    Hi guys, I am looking for some advice on animating or simulating braking system of motorcycle. I have to make an animation or simulation of combined braking system for motorcycles, but I can't really find any softwares to do that. Even a circuit design would be which consist mechanical and hydraulic components. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you so much.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2015 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Is this project for school? What simulation software do you have available through the school? What are other students using for their mechanical system simulations?

4. Aug 4, 2015 #3
    No, it's for my final year project. I was told by my advisor to do an animation or simulation of combined braking system before he would let me work with him. He just told me to go do it with any simulation or cad software. But I don't know what to use.

5. Aug 4, 2015 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

(Thread moved to the schoolwork forums)

It sounds like this project is not a good match for your background and skills. Are there alternative projects/advisers that you can pursue?

If not, then you need to pick a CAD tool (which hopefully has a low-cost student version), and learn it from scratch with simple models, and then move on to modeling your braking system.

What modeling software packages have you investigated so far? Do they have student versions available?

6. Aug 6, 2015 #5

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Combined brakes use one lever to control both front and rear brakes. The balance between the two can be adjusted. What do you want to simulate? Stopping distance vs brake balance or something like that? I suppose you might be able to model something that that with a spreadsheet.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted