High school physics computer programs or big collections of tasks with

In summary, the speaker is preparing for a high school physics exam and is allowed to bring any resources they want, including computers. They are looking for programs that can help with solving physics problems and collections of solved physics tasks. They mention the chapters in their physics book for reference and express concern about the difficulty and length of the exam. They are advised to have a useful formula list and use familiar computer tools.
Reacto
Hi.
I've got my last year high school physics exam tomorrow, and for the second part of the exam (last 3 hours) we're allowed to bring anything we want as long as we can't communicate. We're also allowed to bring computers, so I'd be curious to see if there actually exist any programs that can help solve or set up physics problems on a quite simple level (highest level high school physics in Norway). I tried googling some, but couldn't really find anything.

I'm also allowed to bring any solved physics tasks I want, so if anyone know of any big high school physics tasks/exams collections with solutions that would be great (in case I'm stuck on something I could see if I find a similar task).

These are the chapters in my physics book, for reference of what we need to know:

• Relativity
  • Quantum physics
  • Particle physics
  • Movement
  • Power and movement
  • Gravity fields
  • Electrical fields
  • Magnetic fields
  • Induction
  • Technology (X-ray/CT/Ultrasound)

Of course some of these are really simplified. The ones where I'll probably get most questions are the three field categories, induction and movement/power and movement.
Thanks!

EDIT: Should I have posted this in "Homework, Coursework, & Textbook Questions"?

Physics news on Phys.org
My experience with open-book or unlimited-resource tests is that they tend to be somewhat more difficult and more lengthy. If you have to spend time sifting through a shopping cart of reference books (guess my age while you are at it) or searching the interweb for a multiple reference examples that almost relate to your problem at hand, you will be penalized in time. Have handy a useful formula list organized by subject (generating this alone is good review work)--your teacher is looking for how well you think, less so what you can memorize. Whatever computer tools you have used to date should be fine (system of equation solvers, etc). Good luck!

1. What are some popular high school physics computer programs or collections of tasks with?

Some popular high school physics computer programs or collections of tasks with include PhET Interactive Simulations, Interactive Physics, and Physics Classroom.

2. How can these programs or collections be beneficial for high school students?

These programs or collections can be beneficial for high school students as they provide interactive and engaging ways to learn physics concepts, practice problem-solving skills, and visualize abstract concepts.

3. Are these programs or collections suitable for all levels of high school physics?

Yes, these programs or collections are designed to cover a wide range of physics topics and can be used by students at all levels, from introductory to advanced.

4. Can these programs or collections be used as a substitute for traditional classroom instruction?

While these programs or collections can be a great supplement to traditional classroom instruction, they are not intended to replace it entirely. They can be used as a tool to enhance learning and provide additional practice and reinforcement of concepts.

5. Are there any fees associated with these high school physics computer programs or collections?

Many of these programs or collections are available for free, while some may require a paid subscription. It is important to research and consider the cost before choosing a program or collection to use in the classroom.