1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

High School Physics organizations

1. Jun 17, 2007 #1
    I'm a high school student living in southeastern Wisconsin primarily interested in physics and I was wondering if any of you had information about good extracurricular physics organizations. I'm especially looking for something where I would get to socialize with other kids in the organization, but anything that looks good on a resume is fine. Thanks in advance. :smile:
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2007 #2

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Consider the Science Olympiad if your school has a team. There, you'll get exposed to some physics stuff as well as stuff from other fields:

4. Jun 17, 2007 #3
    my school doesnt have any olympiad teams :grumpy:
  5. Jun 17, 2007 #4
    No science club or science league??
  6. Jun 17, 2007 #5
    I can't find anything about any sort of science club on my schools website, and I can't check with any teachers until schools starts again in September. Anything not affiliated with school?
  7. Jun 20, 2007 #6

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Try www.aapt.org is the link to the American Association of Physics Teachers. They publish a magazine called The Physics Teacher which caters to teaching at all levels.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?