Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hockey Stick and Climate Sensitivity

1. Apr 16, 2017 #1
    I wonder if you might be able to help me with a question I have about climate change, specifically Mann's MBH99 hockey stick graph in relation to climate sensitivity equation. I would like to know where the climate sensitivity equation "Delta T = RF*lamba fits into the making of the hockey stick graph - did Mann use this equation (or some variation of it) when reconstructing paleoclimate temperatures using proxy data i.e. tree rings/ice cores/lake sediments/corals.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 16, 2017 #2
    I am not an expert, but at least I can refer you to what I think is a good source of information. Dr. James Powell mentions the hockey stick graph in at least one of his videos, which are available on Youtube, and he may have a more detailed explanation on his site. If not, you can contact him and request some information. I did so myself with a question and he answered fairly quickly. His Bio, which is linked to from his home page, is very impressive.

http://www.jamespowell.org

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted