Holomorphic function convergent sequence

In summary, the conversation is discussing a lemma and its unclear phrasing. The person is trying to understand the proof, specifically two points: 1) where a term comes from and how to handle higher terms, and 2) the conclusion of the proof. They mention that the lemma is poorly written and ask for clarification on its meaning.
binbagsss

Homework Statement

[/B]
Hi

Theorem attached and proof.

canidieyet.png

I am stuck on

1) Where we get ##|g(z)|\geq |a_m|/2 ## comes from
so ##a_{m}## is the first non-zero Fourier coeffient. So I think this term is ##< |a_m|r^{m}##, from ##r## the radius of the open set, but I don't know how to take care of the rest of the higher tems through ##a_{m}## , is this some theorem or?

2) The conclusion thus ##f(z)## has only one zero at ##z=z_0##
I think I'm being stupid but what is this being made from?
We know ##g(z_0) = a_{m} \neq 0 ## and ##a_{0}=0##, but I don't understand.

Thanks

Homework Equations

above

The Attempt at a Solution

above

Physics news on Phys.org
The Lemma is very badly expressed. What do you think it means by 'if ##f(z_n)=0## for any ##n##, then...'? This vague phrase could either mean
(1) ''if there exists some ##n\in\mathbb N## such that ##f(z_n)=0##, then..."
or it could mean
(2) "if for every natural number ##n##, ##f(z_n)=0##, then ..."

The two interpretations have very different consequences.

1. What is a holomorphic function?

A holomorphic function is a complex-valued function that is differentiable at every point in its domain. It is also known as an analytic function. It is a fundamental concept in complex analysis and is used to describe many physical phenomena in the natural sciences.

2. How do you determine if a function is holomorphic?

A function is holomorphic if it satisfies the Cauchy-Riemann equations, which are a set of necessary and sufficient conditions for differentiability in the complex plane. These equations relate the partial derivatives of the function with respect to its real and imaginary components.

3. What is a convergent sequence?

A convergent sequence is a sequence of numbers or values that approaches a finite limit as the number of terms increases. In the context of holomorphic functions, a convergent sequence is a sequence of functions that approaches a holomorphic function as the number of terms increases.

4. How do you prove that a sequence of holomorphic functions converges?

In order to prove that a sequence of holomorphic functions converges, you must first show that each individual function in the sequence is holomorphic. Then, you can use various theorems from complex analysis to show that the sequence converges to a holomorphic function.

5. What are some applications of holomorphic functions and convergent sequences?

Holomorphic functions and convergent sequences are used in a wide range of applications, including physics, engineering, and economics. They are particularly useful in the study of systems that exhibit periodic or oscillatory behavior, such as electromagnetic waves and financial markets.