Electrical Homemade, easy, DIY, wireless, IoT and Bluetooth?

• Thread starter ISamson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    diy

ISamson

Gold Member
Hello.

From my reasoning, I understand that at the most basic levels all electronics are made out of transistors, wires, capacitors... So I was wondering if it would be possible to make an easy, homemade DIY wireless, IoT or bluetooth connected piece of electronic just by using wires, transistors or capacitors...? I acknowledge my underestimation of the parts needed and the difficulty, but theoretically could it be possible?
Thank you.

Sure. But first you should be saying IC chips or modules instead of individual transistors. Even simple digital things need thousands or millions of transistors.

The best way to get started would be to hang out at the arundino forums and raspberry pi forums for a while to hear what other amateurs are doing for similar projects. They'll probably give links to articles on exactly that subject.

You could also gain some experience with smaller projects before taking on something so ambitious. I bought one of those arundino starter kits a couple of years ago. It was lots of fun.

ISamson

Gold Member
You could also gain some experience with smaller projects before taking on something so ambitious. I bought one of those arundino starter kits a couple of years ago. It was lots of fun.
I have one of them on my desk right now.:)

The best way to get started would be to hang out at the arundino forums and raspberry pi forums for a while to hear what other amateurs are doing for similar projects. They'll probably give links to articles on exactly that subject.
I have been doing so, but many projects have been to hard, complicated or required many things I don't have.

Borek

Mentor
Everything is described on the page, have you read it before asking?

Borek

Mentor
transistor-scale replica of the classic MOS 6502 microprocessor
The 6502 is the famous processor found at the core of such influential computer systems as the
Pretty clear to me.

ISamson

Gold Member

donpacino

Gold Member
I have been doing so, but many projects have been to hard, complicated or required many things I don't have.
Sounds like you need to start with easier, more "boring" projects first! wireless tech is not simple, and like other have said require thousands or more transistors minimum. You really mean ICs, and the simplest "chip" you could find is an arudino.

Welcome to the world of electronics. There is a reason we get paid a lot of $$$.

Averagesupernova

Science Advisor
Gold Member
Doesn't Arduino have some wireless add-ons?

donpacino

Gold Member
I believe there are bluetooth shields as well

Borek

Mentor
I believe there are bluetooth shields as well
To be bold: I wonder if there is a popular protocol for which there are no shields :wink:

donpacino

Gold Member
To be bold: I wonder if there is a popular protocol for which there are no shields :wink:
That is very likely! Especially considering 3rd party and custom shields

ISamson

Gold Member
Yes there are more shields.

You really mean ICs, and the simplest "chip" you could find is an arudino.
I already have an Arduino...