Homework help I need to find answers to these questions

• Thread starter Mon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, the conversation was about finding answers for music class, specifically about classical Greek music, musical instruments used during the middle ages, and the greatest makers of stringed instruments during the Baroque. The conversation also discussed the role of instruments in the music of the middle ages and provided various sources for further research on these topics.
Mon
Please help me find the answers to these questions for music class. I looked in my book and on the internet for these answers and I can't find them and maybe I am not putting the right keyword in. I don't know... I found something that might have answers. but I don't know. I wish my reading comrephension would be better. this is all worth 30 points.

If you find them from a site, please list the site you found the answers on and where the answers are or post them in here for me. its not due until thursday dec 7th and I want to get this done early so I don't have to worry about it anymore because I have a math final (my worse subject) on the day before (dec 6th) and I have a lot of studying to do.

thanks so much to anyone who wants to help! I could not find #1, but I found what I think the answer to #2 is, but couldn't find dirrect answers so I don't know. I thought this might of been an easy question for me to find, but its not. a couple sources... question 3, the first source I think that might be it. and the violin source, I didnt write anything yet because I am not sure.
http://www.baroquemusic.org/barcomp.html
http://www.e-m-s.com/cat/stringinstruments/violinba.htm

1. Identify and describe briefly at least four stylistic traits which we believe classical Greek music possessed.

My answer: 1. wind instruments - clarinet, saxaphone, pipes, and flutes
2. Percission intstruments - At churches, bells would be used to indicate that the church service is starting.
3. electronic instruments - keyboards were used in churches before, throughout, and after church service.
4. Keyboard instruments - oregon, piano. In order to play them back then, you have to have someone or yourself depending where the pedals or stops were to step on them for the notes to play.
5. String instruments - violins/biols were used mainly for orchestras.
6. Voice - the human voice; an instrument in its own right. Used in choir, opera, and many genres.

The role of instruments in the middle ages were for the church; designed to worship God and for inspiration. Music was used before the services, throughout, and at the end of the service. Church music was for encouragement, keeping everybody awake, and for the power of the Lord.

My answer: Gransceso Geminiani worked in his hometown of Lucca playing the violin in the Town Orchestra for three years at the age of 20. He then moved to Napes in 1771 to take up the position as the leader of the Opera Orchestra. He also tried his fortune in England in 1714, where his violin playing right away met with great success

Physics news on Phys.org
Point #1: There is a section for homework questions. This is not it. Please check your posting guidelines and go to the appropriate area.
Point #2: Your third question asks for 'makers', not 'players'. I have no idea what 'Baroque' is, but aren't they looking for something like Stradivarious, Amanti, etc.?

yeah but there is not a section for the subject of music, so I thought it would be fine to post it in here. which forum is the best? you can move it to whichever forum it belongs in.

Well, since it's a music question and not a science or math question, I'll leave it here for now. But, please visit the HW help forums and read the rules regarding HW questions. Most importantly, we don't give answers, but instead will help prompt you toward finding the answer yourself.

We may or may not have members around who can help you with this. You'll have to be patient.

yeah I have until december 7th. even the links to find the answers for each question would be good. that's why I said to include links to find the answers. that's my struggle.

Interesting questions.

For #3 -
The earliest known makers of instruments that would be recognized today as cellos were Andrea Amati (who died before 1580) of Cremona, Gasparo da Salo (1540-1609) of Brescia and his pupil Giovanni Paolo Maggini (1581-1632). Their cellos were larger than modern cellos (up to 80 cm in length), and survivers have been shortened. Antonio Stradivari was the greatest maker of violoncellos and violins. He lived from 1644 to 1737 and was a student of Nicolo Amati (1596-1684), son of Andrea.
http://www.crosssound.com/CS99/Play99/GuestInstruments/BaroqueCello/CELLO.html

This might be appropriate for the History forum.

http://www.standingstones.com/cell18th.html - interesting.
http://www.cello.org/heaven/baroque/baroque.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amati

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baroque_music (1600-1760)

I doubt there would be many electronic instruments in churches of the middle ages.

1. What is the best way to find answers to my homework questions?

The best way to find answers to your homework questions is to first carefully read through the material provided by your teacher or professor. Then, try to solve the problem or answer the question on your own using your knowledge and resources. If you are still struggling, consider reaching out to classmates, a tutor, or using online resources such as study guides or educational websites.

2. Is it okay to use the internet for homework help?

Yes, it is okay to use the internet for homework help. However, it is important to make sure that the sources you are using are reliable and accurate. Avoid using websites that provide incorrect or incomplete information. It is also important to make sure that you understand the material rather than just copying and pasting answers from the internet.

3. How can I avoid plagiarism when using online resources for homework help?

To avoid plagiarism, it is important to properly cite any sources that you use, whether it is a quote or information from a website. Make sure to use quotation marks and provide a citation for any direct quotes, and use your own words and provide a citation for any information or ideas that you paraphrase from a source. Additionally, do not copy and paste entire passages from online sources and make sure to use multiple sources to verify information.

4. How can I manage my time effectively when completing homework?

To manage your time effectively when completing homework, it is important to create a schedule or plan for when you will work on assignments. Set aside specific blocks of time each day to focus on homework, and try to eliminate distractions such as your phone or TV. It can also be helpful to break larger assignments into smaller tasks and set deadlines for each part to keep yourself on track.

5. What should I do if I am struggling to understand a homework question?

If you are struggling to understand a homework question, try reading it multiple times and breaking it down into smaller parts. If you are still having trouble, consider asking your teacher or professor for clarification. You can also reach out to classmates or a tutor for help. It is important to not get discouraged and to keep trying until you fully understand the question and can find the answer.