Hot research topics in heat transfer

• Thread starter hanson
  • Start date
Hi all!
Could anyone tell me, a final year student in mechanical engineering preparing for his final year project, what the hot reserach topics in heat transfer are?

Answers and Replies

what about the vortex tube?:approve:
there is a link where u can take an idea about-
http://www.universal-vortex.com/Home/tabid/73/Default.aspx
im trying to do it myself--but i think it hase too much info to do it reliable,and im not sure if i can it effective,this is an imperical experiment.
and what about the heat exchangers?-its a good topic for me.
hope i helped.
good luck

hi, machinest~
are you a final yeat undergrad student?
are u going to pursue grad study?
I am thinking of microscale heat transfer....

hi hanson
well,i was a final year undergrad student last year-:),i did my graduation project with a fire-fighter robot,we made it.
i dunno about the microscale heat transfer,i just i was thinking to design the vortex tube and when i found that u asking about a topic in the heat transfer i wanted to tell u,cuase i heared about a master study had been made about the vortex tube,its simple yes to design,but it hase many info u have to know to do it effective.
also u could get a pretty air conditioner without high consumption of power,no fereon,no moving parts,compact,so if u studied it u could do it more reliable than the air window conditioner.
i was confused like u last year when i began my project,but our prof gave us a topic and we searched in this topic till we get what we wanna do,so may ur prof would help u giving u a topic,or ur school friends may had any ideau talk with them.
use the net search of course also,it would help u choosing a good topic,but 1st find the topic and after go with search-:),then if ur inetersting in microscale do a search and begin ur project.
sorry if i talked alot-:)-wish u the best-thanks

machinest. Thanks for your blessings.
I would seek advices from my supervisors shortly.
By the way, are you pursuing graduate study now?
I am planning to apply to grad schools in the US.

yes i graduated already,but still searching for work.
im not in the usa to help u with a good engineering school,u can ask in the forum.good luck.