Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hot research topics in heat transfer

1. Sep 4, 2006 #1
    Hi all!
    Could anyone tell me, a final year student in mechanical engineering preparing for his final year project, what the hot reserach topics in heat transfer are?
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 5, 2006 #2
    what about the vortex tube?:approve:
    there is a link where u can take an idea about-
    im trying to do it myself--but i think it hase too much info to do it reliable,and im not sure if i can it effective,this is an imperical experiment.
    and what about the heat exchangers?-its a good topic for me.
    hope i helped.
    good luck
  4. Sep 6, 2006 #3
    hi, machinest~
    are you a final yeat undergrad student?
    are u going to pursue grad study?
    I am thinking of microscale heat transfer....
  5. Sep 6, 2006 #4
    hi hanson
    well,i was a final year undergrad student last year-:),i did my graduation project with a fire-fighter robot,we made it.
    i dunno about the microscale heat transfer,i just i was thinking to design the vortex tube and when i found that u asking about a topic in the heat transfer i wanted to tell u,cuase i heared about a master study had been made about the vortex tube,its simple yes to design,but it hase many info u have to know to do it effective.
    also u could get a pretty air conditioner without high consumption of power,no fereon,no moving parts,compact,so if u studied it u could do it more reliable than the air window conditioner.
    i was confused like u last year when i began my project,but our prof gave us a topic and we searched in this topic till we get what we wanna do,so may ur prof would help u giving u a topic,or ur school friends may had any ideau talk with them.
    use the net search of course also,it would help u choosing a good topic,but 1st find the topic and after go with search-:),then if ur inetersting in microscale do a search and begin ur project.
    sorry if i talked alot-:)-wish u the best-thanks
  6. Sep 6, 2006 #5
    machinest. Thanks for your blessings.
    I would seek advices from my supervisors shortly.
    By the way, are you pursuing graduate study now?
    I am planning to apply to grad schools in the US.
  7. Sep 6, 2006 #6
    yes i graduated already,but still searching for work.
    im not in the usa to help u with a good engineering school,u can ask in the forum.good luck.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?