How Are Internal Energy, Heat, and Work Related in Ideal Gases?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Punkyc7
Messages
415
Reaction score
0
Can some one check my work, I'm not sure if I am understanding how internal energy heat and work are related.

Work is defined to be positive if the system does work on the environment.

Q=[itex]\Delta U[/itex] +W

I am showing if the process is positive, negative or 0.

Also this is suppose to be an ideal gas
 
Attachments
  • CyclicProcces.jpg
    CyclicProcces.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Punkyc7 said:
Can some one check my work, I'm not sure if I am understanding how internal energy heat and work are related.

Work is defined to be positive if the system does work on the environment.

Q=[itex]\Delta U[/itex] +W

I am showing if the process is positive, negative or 0.

Also this is suppose to be an ideal gas
Your answers are correct. What kind of a cycle is it?

AM