How big should magnets and wire be for a 60 kW generator at 240 rpm?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
barendfaber
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I hope someone can help me. Looking at the attached picture design of a magnetic generator, I would like to try and build my own.

If I had to build a generator producing 60 kW at 240 rpm, how big should the magnets be, and what gauge copper wire and length should I use? If I would like to generate 60 kW at a higher rpm, say 480 rpm, how would this affect the size of the magnets I need to use, as well as the gauge and length of the copper wire?
 
Attachments
  • Permanent Magnetic Generator.jpg
    Permanent Magnetic Generator.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 539
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
As the size of the magnet grows so does its requirements for physical space,use simple multiplication . Good Luck!