How can i generate an 8 hertz AC current from 60 hz AC

In summary: The conversation is about using a pyramid for meditation and the potential benefits of using an 8 hertz oscillating magnetic field for alpha brainwave entrainment. In summary, the plan is to build a pyramid in the basement of a house located in a region of high geomagnetic activity. The pyramid will be built according to the proportions of the Giza pyramid and will be magnetically aligned. It will be constructed from steel reinforcing bars and will be covered with sandbags for soundproofing. The goal is to create an 8 hertz oscillating magnetic field using an electromagnet and achieve alpha brainwave entrainment while meditating. There are questions about converting AC to DC and then to an 8 hertz oscillating current, controlling the output
Carlton Brown
Hello there. i would like to request some help please in the design of my meditation pyramid. If you can help me out i'd be greatly appreciative thank you.

I would like to set up an 8 hertz oscillating magnetic cycle around the pyramid. Why? because i wish to entrain higher alpha brainwave voltages while i meditate, in lieu of waiting for the solstices and equinoxes, as part of my Ritual Meditation method for accessing altered states of consciousness i.e. dissolving ego consciousness. Switches in states of consciousness have many physiological parameters, and reaching voltage thresholds for alpha brainwave output is crucial in this process. Meditation naturally powers up our alpha brainwaves, and these can be supplemented via entrainment i.e. external magnetic / electromagnetic signals of the same frequency (8 hertz). Numerous clinical studies have demonstrated this and you can review some scientific articles via << Spam link deleted by Moderators >> to know more if you wish.

The basic plan involves building a pyramid in proportion to Giza (1.75m H * 2.74m base, 51.85 degree angles) in my basement. i am located in a volcano caldera (Lake Atitlan) which represents a region of relatively high geomagnetic activity, and my house sits in front of 3 big volcanoes across a lake and over a major fault line. This pyramid will be magnetically aligned and will be constructed from steel reinforcing bars (>1 - 1.25" thick) which i was planning on earthing into the ground below the concrete floor. I would like to turn this pyramid into an electromagnet and achieve a magnetic field oscillating at 8 hertz. Guatemala uses AC 120V/60 hz. The initial plan was to wrap thinly insulated copper wire around the iron bars in anticipation that this technical challenge can be solved cost-effectively! i would also place a iron plate under my feet in the center. There is various literature indicating i should use a copper capstone/sphere. the pyramid will then be covered or walled with sand bags to help increase the sound proofing. i also need sensory silence to leave my mind!
  1. Is it possible to create a 8 Hz AC current from the 120V/60 hertz power to flow through this electromagnet and set up 8 Hz oscillating magnetic fields?
  2. How would i go about achieving this cost-effectively please?
  3. What voltage/current would you recommend as my output?
  4. Does anyone have any further suggestions/inputs to the pyramid's design?
  5. Do you have any suggestions on earthing of the base and its contact with the floor for best effect?
Thank you and i really appreciate any help you might be able to provide. Have a great day :)

kind regards
Carlton Brown

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
You essentially have to convert it to DC, then to 8 Hz. What it takes to do that depends on the power levels you require.

Or you can 110AC 60Hz to run a motor to drive an 8Hz alternator

Working on the principle of homeopathic doses achieving fantastic results, I would recommend a low frequency electronic oscillator and an simple transistor driver to power the coils. Your power can come from a cheap Lab supply or even a wall wart, depending on the power you need; we can't help you with the power level. Remember, PF is essentially skeptical of any of this stuff and any advice you get will only be about how to achieve something practical that you specify.

Don't use to high fields or the cuttlery will all rattle in the nearby houses.

Likes Vedward
meBigGuy said:
You essentially have to convert it to DC, then to 8 Hz. What it takes to do that depends on the power levels you require.

Or you can 110AC 60Hz to run a motor to drive an 8Hz alternator

hi there meBigGuy. Thanks for your suggestions. I do know our power enters the house in AC form, and somehow its converted to DC. As it is i have an electrican at my home tomorrow so i shall ensure i find out more.

If its converted to DC how does one then re-turn that back into an 8 hertz oscillating current? i need the magnetic fieild to be oscillating not static. Sorry if I'm missing something here... :)
The other question is from this 110AC/60hz can i control the output voltage and AC frequency? I need to do some more work on what sort of voltage i need, without endangering my biology.

Thank you very much - much appreciated

Carlton

sophiecentaur said:
Working on the principle of homeopathic doses achieving fantastic results, I would recommend a low frequency electronic oscillator and an simple transistor driver to power the coils. Your power can come from a cheap Lab supply or even a wall wart, depending on the power you need; we can't help you with the power level. Remember, PF is essentially skeptical of any of this stuff and any advice you get will only be about how to achieve something practical that you specify.

Don't use to high fields or the cuttlery will all rattle in the nearby houses.

Hi there sophiecentaur

Thanks for this! I will need to look into this to better understand the various electrical / electronic items you mentioned. Yes, i can understand your skepticism but i need to do the experiment, and willingly accept the advice on a strictly physics basis. As it is i met a lady who is doing research on this sort of thing and she's offered to help me monitor my EEG while i do this. In the end well controlled data drives conclusions - and i won't know until i do the experiment. The science i reviewed highlighted the impact of pulse magnetic fields on alpha brainwave voltages. I simply arrived at the 8 Hz pyramid electromagnet because i was building a pyramid using iron rods.

Are you ok if i come back and revisit some of these issues if i get stuck...? Thank you and have a great day.

carlton

Carlton Brown said:
Hi there sophiecentaur

Thanks for this! I will need to look into this to better understand the various electrical / electronic items you mentioned. Yes, i can understand your skepticism but i need to do the experiment, and willingly accept the advice on a strictly physics basis. As it is i met a lady who is doing research on this sort of thing and she's offered to help me monitor my EEG while i do this. In the end well controlled data drives conclusions - and i won't know until i do the experiment. The science i reviewed highlighted the impact of pulse magnetic fields on alpha brainwave voltages. I simply arrived at the 8 Hz pyramid electromagnet because i was building a pyramid using iron rods.

Are you ok if i come back and revisit some of these issues if i get stuck...? Thank you and have a great day.

carlton
I would consider a relaxation oscillator like a 555 timer for the 8Hz signal. It might be set up to generate 8 Hz pulses.

You shouldn't need a lot of voltage/current to match the Earth's magnetic field.

I warn you to be safe, particularly with sandbag on rebar construction. Somehow that doesn't sound right to me. Perhaps you could check your design with a civil engineer?

1. How does changing the frequency of an AC current affect its properties?

Changing the frequency of an AC current affects its properties by altering its voltage and current levels. In general, increasing the frequency will decrease the voltage and increase the current, while decreasing the frequency will increase the voltage and decrease the current. This is known as the skin effect, where higher frequencies tend to concentrate the current towards the surface of the conductor.

2. What is the process of generating an 8 hertz AC current from a 60 hertz source?

To generate an 8 hertz AC current from a 60 hertz source, you will need to use a frequency converter. This device takes in the 60 hertz AC current and uses a combination of electronic components, such as an inverter and transformer, to convert it to an 8 hertz AC current. This process typically involves rectifying the 60 hertz AC current to DC, then using an inverter to convert it back to AC at the desired frequency.

3. What are the potential applications of generating an 8 hertz AC current from 60 hertz?

The ability to generate an 8 hertz AC current from a 60 hertz source has various applications in industries such as power generation, telecommunications, and medical devices. For example, in power generation, it can be used to convert the frequency of electricity from one country's standard (e.g. 50 hertz in Europe) to another country's standard (e.g. 60 hertz in the US). In telecommunications, it can be used to create a stable clock signal for data transmission. In medical devices, it can be used to stimulate muscles or nerves for therapeutic purposes.

4. Are there any limitations or challenges when generating an 8 hertz AC current from 60 hertz?

One limitation when generating an 8 hertz AC current from 60 hertz is the efficiency of the frequency converter. The conversion process can result in power losses, which may affect the overall efficiency of the system. Additionally, the use of a frequency converter may introduce additional costs and complexity to the system. Other challenges may include ensuring the stability and accuracy of the output frequency, as well as addressing any harmonics or other unwanted frequencies that may be produced during the conversion process.

5. Are there any alternative methods for generating an 8 hertz AC current from 60 hertz?

There are alternative methods for generating an 8 hertz AC current from 60 hertz, such as using a mechanical frequency changer or a synchronous motor. However, these methods may not be as efficient or cost-effective as using a frequency converter. Additionally, they may have limitations in terms of their frequency range and stability. Ultimately, the most suitable method for generating an 8 hertz AC current from 60 hertz will depend on the specific application and requirements of the system.