Ok, Another post. Sorry about all of the posting. After looking around a little bit more, I have found some more on the subject, some in a few physics books and other resources. So what I have found is a formula for a solenoid of a specific length, certain number of turns, and such. But out of all of the different solutions, I havnt found any that would include a certain number of layers of turns. So let's say we have a solenoid, we have the equations to figure it out if it was straight with a single layer of N turns. What about x amount of layers of N turns?
And let's say the solenoid isn't straight, and it is curved, in various shapes, would that be evaluated the same way as a straight one if we are looking at the center of the core? Lots of questions, so if you can point me to an advanced book that explains this to me instead of having to type everything down, that will be fine. I am just looking to get a good understanding of the whole process and how each is figured out.
Thanks again,
Michael