How can I rearrange this equation to find vo/vs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NewtonianAlch
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
NewtonianAlch
Messages
453
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



231.jpg


I want to solve this equation for

vo/vs

How can I go about doing this properly? I can get vo/vs^2 -- but I'm confused as to getting just vo/vs

Edit: Without it involving any kind of complex numbers, this is a transfer function.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
NewtonianAlch said:

Homework Statement



231.jpg


I want to solve this equation for

vo/vs

How can I go about doing this properly? I can get vo/vs^2 -- but I'm confused as to getting just vo/vs

Edit: Without it involving any kind of complex numbers, this is a transfer function.

If you just divide both sides by vs you are done. Why is that a problem?

RGV
 
vo/vs is a function of vs - there's no way to make it independent.
 
Ray Vickson said:
If you just divide both sides by vs you are done. Why is that a problem?

RGV

Because, there would still be a vs hanging around on the RHS of the equation.

It doesn't matter now anyhow, this was part of a circuit analysis transfer function. It seems I have done my analysis wrong. Would have been interesting if it were possible though.

Thanks for the responses.
 
s is a complex variable in circuit analysis. You're sure you weren't looking for Vo/V (ie the s is *not* a subscript but a factor).