How can I sketch the following in an Argand Diagram?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Mathematicsss

Homework Statement

:[/B]

Sketch in an argand diagram:
|z − i| = 2

Homework Equations


z= a+bi

The Attempt at a Solution


|z − i| means that the distance from z to i is 2, however I am not sure where to put z.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Mathematicsss said:

Homework Statement

:[/B]

Sketch in an argand diagram:
|z − i| = 2

Homework Equations


z= a+bi

The Attempt at a Solution


|z − i| means that the distance from z to i is 2, however I am not sure where to put z.

Do you know where to put ##i##? Start there.
 
Mathematicsss said:
|z − i| means that the distance from z to i is 2, however I am not sure where to put z.
There is not just a single location for z -- it is arbitrary. Follow Ray's advice in locating i.