How come sometimes I see and some times I don't see

• Thread starter phinds
  • Start date
In summary, the "watched tags" appear in the drop down box for FORUMS, but some users find it a minor annoyance since they are not tracking any tags. The tags seem to show up randomly and it is not clear why they are available as an option if they are not being used. Some users have suggested banning all tags, while others see the usefulness in being able to track specific topics. However, there have been issues with meaningless tags being used and the fact that Gold Membership comes and goes for some users, causing confusion.
I have been given a gold star for part of every day since back around mid November, then late each afternoon the medallion is snatched away and stored for safe-keeping until being pinned on all over again next day!

Perhaps there just aren't enough medals to go 'round, so each one is being time-shared between 3 recipients?

At the time of posting it's been taken away already! That's less than 3 hours today, I think. I'd better get to and answer a few more homework questions or I might not be loaned the star again today.

Last edited:
Likes dlgoff and Evo
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Also, we did start allowing avatars for non Gold members some time ago.
I was going to say - non gold members not having the ability to set avatars?!

Is this still happening? I see both as Gold.

Phinds & Shyan are gold, Nascent Oxygen is not. There's someone else I've noticed who comes and goes.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I see both as Gold.
I figured you would.
dlgoff said:
I bet Greg will observe and all will be well.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Is this still happening? I see both as Gold.
It was still happening yesterday. I'll give a report some hours later!

P.S.
Yesterday is not very far, because its just 8:15 AM here!

I'm not gold, atm.

And I'm not worried about it. Just bemused. :-p

Well that is very disturbing. It started in Nov? Perhaps it was the promotion. I have disabled it for now.

Started in either mid-Nov, or the last week in Oct. I just forget exactly, but am more inclined to think Oct.

I haven't noticed it for the last couple of days. I see gold every day and "watched tags" every day. I'd like to keep the gold, lose the "watched tags" :smile:

Today I was a gold full-time!