1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses How could I apply electric/electronics to MechE?

1. Apr 2, 2016 #1
    I really like Mechanical Engineering. I'm now at the second year of my undergrad and I'm now taking some specific courses in engineering - after a whole year of calculus and physics. I think it's the broadest engineering, and I'm an admirer of the aerospace industry and would like to work with aircraft. But electric/electronics is another passion of mine. I do like tinkering with electronics - like Arduino - and do programming. There is some way I could merge both things together, MechE and electronics/electrics? I already know about mechatronics, but I don't want to switch courses.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2016 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I think that working with robotics and vehicles will be a good cross-over between ME and EE type of topics. Sounds pretty fun! :smile:

4. Apr 3, 2016 #3
    I thought about robotics, sure. Control and Automation might be interesting, also. I heard that Control Engineering can be studied by both electrical and mechanical engineers. Having some kind of background with circuitry could help me with this? As I see it, most mechanical stuff is controlled by electrical/digital systems. I don't know how this work out in industry, but surely the control guy should have expertise in mechanical and electrical stuff to understand correctly what is going on, am I right? This could be interesting.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted