How cross-sectional area affects drag on a cylinder falling through water

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
tnorkhangpa
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I am Tsering and am studying in the Mahindra UWC of India. I am doing a physics extended essay on How the cross section area of an object(cylinder) will affect the rate of slowing down of the object when dropped from a certain height into a fluid (water in my case). I will try to find the viscosity index of water and some other things as well. Can you please guide me through this things as I am not able to approach my physics teacher.
Thanks a lot.
Tsering
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You'll have to be more specific. If you need help with general concepts, you should read about them in books or on the internet. We can help you with specific questions if you need.