Integrating & Simplifying Last Term - Math Tutorial

• Thread starter Superposed_Cat
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of integrating and simplifying fractions, with a suggestion to brush up on arithmetic involving fractions. It also mentions a generic formula for integrating and asks if the person is familiar with it.
Mathematics news on Phys.org
No with this, but my algebra is terrible and I haven't had to use fractions properly for ages as I always usually convert to decimals.

Attachments

• delete.png
    delete.png
    2 KB · Views: 357
Superposed_Cat said:
No with this, but my algebra is terrible
This isn't even algebra - it's arithmetic, and about 6th grade at that.
Superposed_Cat said:
and I haven't had to use fractions properly for ages as I always usually convert to decimals.
Then it would behoove you to brush up on arithmetic involving fractions. Some time spent going through some videos at khanacademy (http://www.khanacademy.org/math/cc-sixth-grade-math) would be a very good investment.

Superposed_Cat said:
No with this, but my algebra is terrible and I haven't had to use fractions properly for ages as I always usually convert to decimals.

That's just saying that $$\frac{1}{6}\int x^{-1/2}dx = \frac{1}{6}[2x^{1/2}]$$

You're aware of the generic formula: ##\int x^n dx = \frac{1}{n+1}x^{n+1}## right?

FAQ: Integrating & Simplifying Last Term - Math Tutorial

1. What is the purpose of integrating and simplifying the last term in math?

The purpose of integrating and simplifying the last term in math is to make complex expressions or equations easier to work with. It involves combining like terms and reducing the expression to its simplest form, making it easier to solve and understand.

2. How do you integrate and simplify the last term in math?

To integrate and simplify the last term in math, you first need to identify like terms and combine them using the appropriate operations. Then, you can use the properties of exponents and algebraic rules to simplify the expression further. It is important to follow the correct order of operations to ensure accuracy.

3. Why is integrating and simplifying the last term important in math?

Integrating and simplifying the last term in math is important because it allows us to solve complex equations and expressions more efficiently. It also helps us to see any patterns or relationships within the expression, making it easier to understand and manipulate.

4. What are some common mistakes when integrating and simplifying the last term in math?

Some common mistakes when integrating and simplifying the last term in math include forgetting to use the correct order of operations, making errors when combining like terms, and forgetting to apply rules of exponents. It is also important to double check the final answer for accuracy.

5. Can integrating and simplifying the last term be used in other areas of math?

Yes, integrating and simplifying the last term can be used in various areas of math, including algebra, calculus, and trigonometry. It is a fundamental concept that is used to solve equations and expressions in many different mathematical fields.