Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do AC and DC affect the body differently?

1. Jun 3, 2010 #1
    Hi all :)
    As the title says how do Ac and DC affect the body differently?

Also if anyone knows the answer to these questions aswell I'd REALLY appreciate it :)

1.How electric current and magnetism interact
    2.The effect on frequency on the impedance of a capacitor and the impedance of an inducer
    3.The difference between peak and RMS voltages in AC

Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 3, 2010 #2
    This looks like homework to me?

4. Jun 8, 2010 #3
    Its part of an assignment I have to do. I'm confused on what the questions are asking and need help?

5. Jun 8, 2010 #4
    It's fine to for us to help with work, but we don't do it for you. Explain what you have managed to do and what in particular you don't understand and you will get help.

6. Jun 8, 2010 #5
    Go to Wiki for information on how AC & DC affect the body

A current running through a wire will produce a magnetic field around the wire

The frequency effects the reactence (ohms) look up XL = 2(phi)fL and XC = 1/(2(phi)fC)

RMS stands for route mean square (average)

7. Jun 8, 2010 #6
    I don't get the questions? I can't find anything on them especially number 1 and 2. I don't understand them and don't know what I'm looking for to be honest. And all the questions I have done obviously I haven't put them up on here.

Thank you :)

8. Jun 8, 2010 #7
    I have no idea what you might be studying to have finding the answer to those questions as an 'assignment', or what you might have been taught already.

Do you understand the terms you have used:

AC, DC, impedance, frequency, capacitor, inductor, voltage?

9. Jun 8, 2010 #8
    Impedance I don't understand and inductor. I just don't understand what I'm meant to be finding from the questions..

10. Jun 8, 2010 #9
    The University of Ontario hosts a very good online E learning section on basic electricity.
    You really do need to start at the beginning. It's free.

www.allaboutcircuits.com

11. Jun 8, 2010 #10
    Thank you

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook