How do I accurately enter values in Mastering Physics for kinematics problems?

In summary, the conversation discusses a homework problem involving finding the second derivative and average acceleration. The person asking the question is worried about losing marks for not knowing how to enter the answer correctly, but the expert reassures them that it will only result in a small decrease in their grade. They also mention that the homework only covers a small portion of the total grade.
madah12

Homework Statement

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8650/masteringphysics.png

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

by the second derivative a = 30t-3
a(4.7)=138
do I enter as 14 * 10 or 1.4*10^2 I don't want to lose anymore marks because I don't know how to enter it
also average accelaration is 67.5 i enter it as 68?

Never mind I got it write (1.4*10^2 ,68)but I lost .3% of the grade :(((

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh no! Now you won't get above 99.7%

actually the home work only cover 10% of the total grade and since we cover 10 sub section every section covers 10% of the 10% of the total grade
so I lost .3%of 10% of 10% of the total grade so I only can take up to 99.997 ! what if someone takes 99.998 lol ( to mods I wasn't spaming I was just practicing percentage problem :) )

What is kinematics?

Kinematics is the branch of physics that studies the motion of objects without considering the forces that cause the motion.

What are the basic concepts in mastering physics kinematics?

The basic concepts in mastering physics kinematics include position, displacement, velocity, acceleration, and time.

How can I improve my understanding of kinematics?

To improve your understanding of kinematics, it is important to practice solving problems and familiarize yourself with the equations and concepts involved.

What are some common mistakes in mastering physics kinematics?

Some common mistakes in mastering physics kinematics include not properly defining the reference frame, confusing displacement with distance, and not considering the direction of motion.

What real-life applications does kinematics have?

Kinematics has many real-life applications, such as understanding the motion of objects in sports, predicting the trajectory of projectiles, and analyzing the movement of vehicles in traffic.