How Do I Calculate the Power Output of a 38 Watt Amp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter emigre911
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Amp Power Watt
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
emigre911
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I have a 38 watt amp and I'm trying to figure the Power it produces, but I'm not sure how to find the Velocity. Can anyone clue me in on this?
And I know to use the P=V^2/R

And sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I'm new.

Thanks

EDIT: I just found V=f/Lw (velocity=frequency/wavelength) but how do I find the frequency and wavelength?
 
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Go back to the source of your first equation:

[tex]P = \frac {V^2} R[/tex]

Find the meaning of each symbol, I'll bet that V is NOT velocity.
 
I'll bet your 38 watt amp provides 38 watts of power... :P