How Do I Calculate the Value of g for a Pendulum?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bidhati
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pendulum
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
bidhati
Messages
9
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



I need to work out g for a pendulum. I have values for length (l) and time (T^2)

Homework Equations



T= 2 pi sqroot (l/g)

The Attempt at a Solution



I have plotted a graph of T^2 against l found the gradient of the line is this the value for g or if not do I need to rearrange the equation making g the subject ?

I am not too strong on algerbra and I came up with g = l / (T^2 / 2 pi^2)

but this gives me a silly small amount for g.

the gradient of my graph is 16 which is also a little high for g?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Double check your algebra...did you forget to square the 2 factor also? I think so, see if your answer makes sense then... hope that helps.