1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do I convert angular speed to revolution

1. Nov 5, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I need to know how to convert angular speed into revolutions

2. Relevant equations

W=2*pi/60 sec, but thats for rad over second

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 5, 2007 #2
    I assume you mean that you'd like to convert angular speed in radians per second into revolutions per second. You'll want to use the fact that [tex] 2\pi [/tex] radians equals one revolution. Does that help?
  4. Nov 5, 2007 #3
    Im a bit confused. Im working on a problem for linear momentum where I need to find the final angular speed, which was .8. But now I need to convert into revolutions. My t=3.0s
  5. Nov 5, 2007 #4
    I'm not quite sure what your asking for. You have an angular speed in radians per second, correct? Are you trying to convert this value into relovutions per second, or are you trying to find the angualr displacement? You may want to post the problem.
  6. Nov 5, 2007 #5
    Ok, this is the problem:A diver comes off a spring board with arms straight up and legs straight down, giving her a moment of inertia about her rotation axis of 36 kgm^2. She then tucks into a small ball decreasing this moment of inertia of 7.2kgm^2. While tucked she makes four complete revoutions in 1.0s. If she hasnt tucked at all, how many revoultions woudl she have made in the 3.0s from board to water?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?