1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do you cite a conference presentation on your resume?

1. Apr 26, 2008 #1

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I have been researching with a professor for the past semester and he recently told me that I will be listed as third author on a conference presentation he will be making this summer.

I'd like to cite this on my resume, but I do not know how to cite it correctly, if there even is a correct way. Should it be separate from publications (he also plans on publishing the work in a journal eventually)? Should it be included with publications, but cited as a conference presentation? How do most people usually cite these things?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2008 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You cite the abstract the way you would cite a published article, except instead of the name of a journal you list the conference title and location, and the abstract number instead of a page number (unless there's a published abstract book, in which case use the format the abstract book says is the correct citation).

4. Apr 27, 2008 #3

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Thanks MB!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?