How Do You Find the Inverse Laplace Transform of (1/6)/((s+2)^2)?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Khamul
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone, I'm currently enrolled in Control Theory at my University, and part of the coursework requires differential equations; which wouldn't be a problem, if not for the fact it's been 2 years since I've taken D.E. Anyway, over the course of the problem I ran into this little function, and it's giving me a rough time..F(s) = (1/6) / ((s+2)^2)

I'm attempting to take the inverse Laplace, but I'm not finding any explicit transform pairs that fit this function. I'll be honest, I remember that you're able to shift the function, but I have no recollection of how to do so. Would anyone be so kind as to help me out with this little bugger? I have the rest of the problem complete except for this stickler. Thank you in advance! :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Look into properties of the Laplace transform that relate what you have to known transforms in the table. They're likely listed in the table as well.