How do you make y= sin(sqrt(5x + 3)) in terms of y? :/

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lo.Lee.Ta.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Terms
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Lo.Lee.Ta.
Messages
217
Reaction score
0
1. Yes, I don't know this. =.=

So how to you move sine to the y side?

You can't say: arcsin(y) = sqrt(5x + 3), can you...?

I don't know how to move the sin!
Help!
Thank you! :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Lo.Lee.Ta. said:
1. Yes, I don't know this. =.=

So how to you move sine to the y side?

You can't say: arcsin(y) = sqrt(5x + 3), can you...?

I don't know how to move the sin!
Help!
Thank you! :)

You can do that as long as you realize it will only be valid for -pi/2<=sqrt(5x+3)<=pi/2.
 
Hi Lo.Lee.Ta.! :smile:

Generally, the equation
$$y=sin(\theta)$$
is equivalent to
$$\theta=\arcsin(y)+ 2k\pi \quad \vee \quad \theta=\pi - \arcsin(y) + 2k\pi$$
where ##k## is an integer and ##\theta## is an angle in radians.