How Do You Model Stray Capacitance in JFET Amplifiers for Mid-Band Frequencies?

  • Thread starter Thread starter student75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Design
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
student75
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Hello , I need to make a small signal model for mid band frequencies for the circuit I provided below.
I am also supposed to observe the "stray capacitance " in the transistor using this small signal model.


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I know that the capacitors here act as short circuit.
The problem is I don't know where to start and what to do. I tried googling small signal model but I couldn't understand a thing.

Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.


[PLAIN]http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/2405/jfetamplifier.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds like you need some more background. Is your textbook not providing the proper foundations? Youtube "JFET small signal model" and you will find a very good video posted by tarbidan that should help you get started.

BTW, welcome to PF. In order for us to provide the best kind of help, you should attempt a solution and ask specific questions.