gfd43tg
Gold Member
- 949
- 48
Maylis said:I was able to solve it. The tricky thing at the end is to get it in the form they want, you have a squared term on top, so you have to take out a square from the top and bottom to make the bottom have the square root in it.
I don't know how exactly you did the math. If you did it the way I suggested it's a straightforward extension of the method. You compute the two entropy changes independently and then add them. You don't need specific entropies. Of course, the final temperature will not be the mean of the two starting temperatures.For the part with two masses being different, if I add them together, how can I get one expression for the total entropy? I can get the mass specific total entropy change, but not sure about the total entropy change.