How Does Arm Length Affect Doppler Shift Measurement?

In summary, the conversation is discussing the concept of Doppler shift and its application in measuring speed and motion. The participants also mention the color of light and its relation to the movement of objects. They also bring up the use of mathematics and technology, such as Mathematica, to study and prove these concepts. They mention the work of scientists such as Einstein and Mach in relation to these ideas. The conversation ends with a mention of a study on using light to create lift, inspired by the flight of a moth.
redkiss
8g7j8biccn4d.jpg

full screen (high res)
http://images.tinypic.pl/i/00765/8g7j8biccn4d.jpg

Em Wave = LIGHT
Em Wave = RadioEquator

Source------L---------SensorHow big L we need use to register Doppler ?
I wan to measure 360/24h speed

Big Question ?!

single arm we have Doppler (RED ) [ more long arm ---> more deep RED ]

4 Arms and we have ZERO ?
how it works ? can You explain me this by math !?

Thank You for solve above problem
( i want to build singnle arm to measure 360/24h ) can I do this in Home ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
redkiss said:
I wan to measure 360/24h speed
Speed of what relative to what?
Those sketches are not very clear.

Likes redkiss
Good question ( we have signal / Earth and motion )
Earth is moving ?

we have ZERO SHIFT ?

source ------------------mirror

Mirror see the same COLOUR ?

FIRST please SOLVE ONE ARM
later please study Michelson Morley ZERO

We have Zero or Doppler ?

More Long Arm = More deep RED ?
OR
More Long Arm = More SURE ZERO ?

Last edited:
You can edit your posts if you want to add something.
redkiss said:
Earth is moving ?
Relative to what? There is no absolute motion.
redkiss said:
we have ZERO SHIFT ?
Of what relative to what?
redkiss said:
source ------------------mirror

Mirror see the same COLOUR ?
Mirrors don't see color. Same as what? If the distance between source and mirror does not change, and if the system is inertial, the source will see reflected light with the same color as the emitted light.
redkiss said:
More Long Arm = More deep RED
OR
More Long Arm = More SURE ZERO
That does not make sense at all.

"Mirrors don't see color. Same as what? If the distance between source and mirror does not change, and if the system is inertial, the source will see reflected light with the same color as the emitted light."

Please slowly Study right down CORNER ( on ilustration ) it is simple example ( not real data) but it schould learn You mehanism

redkiss said:
"Mirrors don't see color. Same as what? If the distance between source and mirror does not change, and if the system is inertial, the source will see reflected light with the same color as the emitted light."

Please slowly Study right down CORNER ( on ilustration ) it is simple example ( not real data) but it schould learn You mehanism
Earth (s)------L---(m)

s- source
m - mirror/detector

How Deep RED see mirror
L=10m
L=200 m

speed 360 / 24h

Are you asking what is the relativistic red shift starting from sea level at the equator and going vertically to an altitude of L?

Thank you very much for conversation
I'm not expert about Einstein I need strong helpI'm sorry IT IS POSSIBLE or NOT possible TO MEASURE RED ?

jpg A Person on moon SEE DOOPLER ?
3483bx4.jpg

jpg B Person on Big Planet See doppler ?
30v2afr.jpg

jpg C we can change EM source position
2rh4bxh.jpg

AFTER WE CHAGE POSITION ( X1 )
PLESE LOOK BELOW ( WE HAVE DOPPLER or NOT ? observer 1 ,2,3,4,...?)

28rl82s.jpg
IT IS DOPLER RED or NOT ?
24bvoft.jpg
WHY I ASKING ABOUT ALL THIS QUESTIONS

( MY TARGET )

during test when I changing ARM ( I testing more long / more short arm ) I SEE RED !?
Please help me find why ?
2isb1og.jpg

I WANT TO USE MATHEMATICA and PROVE BELOW PROBLEMS
( thank You for help )

154zqir.jpg
I WANT TO DEVELOP ABOVE DOPPLER ?
FOR ATOM ( center-----electron )

I LIKE MR MACH ( Rmach )
25pjt46.jpg
f24fnq.jpg
Einstein and Above ? in my opinion for methabolism important is direction and speed
I wan to test more problems Each Colour = Force !
153qy5j.jpg

HOW BIG FORCE IS PUSHING MY BODY ? EARTH ?
HOW HEAVY I'm ? how to separate Q=mg and EM presure ?

21jqaz7.jpg

BULB ------------------------CAMERA

HOW big FORCE ( em preasure is pushing camera ? )

2011 Grover Swartzlander first began to examine a revolutionary concept in optical physics after studying the flight of a moth. He watched the animal use its wings to create lift, which led to flight. Swartzlander asked : Could light be used to create the same effect?

4j19b4.jpg

2n71ojl.png
14dfy2e.jpg

14xopc.jpg

Last edited:
I am sorry redkiss, this large amount of confusing images and small amount of confusing text is impossible to follow. I don't think that we can help here.

I think that the formula you want to use is either the last one in the section on "Time dilation due to gravitation and motion together" here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation#Time_dilation_due_to_gravitation_and_motion_together

Or the last equation here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativistic_Doppler_effect#Accelerated_motion

Thread closed.

Likes PeterDonis

Related to How Does Arm Length Affect Doppler Shift Measurement?

What is Doppler evaluation?

Doppler evaluation is a method used to measure the speed and direction of objects using the Doppler effect. It involves analyzing the changes in frequency of waves emitted or received from a moving object.

Why is Doppler evaluation important?

Doppler evaluation is important because it can provide valuable information about the movement and behavior of objects. It is used in various fields such as meteorology, astronomy, and medicine to study the motion of objects and detect any abnormalities.

How is Doppler evaluation performed in different fields?

In meteorology, Doppler radar is used to measure the speed and direction of precipitation. In astronomy, the Doppler shift of light emitted from stars is used to study the movement of celestial bodies. In medicine, Doppler ultrasound is used to evaluate blood flow in the body.

What are the limitations of Doppler evaluation?

One limitation of Doppler evaluation is that it can only measure the velocity of objects moving towards or away from the observer. It cannot determine the speed of objects moving parallel to the observer. Additionally, Doppler measurements can be affected by external factors such as weather conditions or technical errors.

How is Doppler evaluation different from other methods of measuring motion?

Doppler evaluation is different from other methods of measuring motion because it relies on the Doppler effect, which is the change in frequency of waves due to the motion of the source or the observer. Other methods, such as time-of-flight or triangulation, use different principles to calculate the distance or speed of objects.