How does du replace the circled part of the question in this integral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter november1992
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Integral
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
november1992
Messages
120
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/356/hwhelp.png

Homework Equations



http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3696/uanddu.png

The Attempt at a Solution


This is the answer I got. I was wondering how du replaces the circled part of the question.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8975/hwanswer.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I just came up with this information now. Is it right?

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/3763/uandupart2.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
november1992 said:

Homework Statement



http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/356/hwhelp.png

Homework Equations



http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3696/uanddu.png

The Attempt at a Solution


This is the answer I got. I was wondering how du replaces the circled part of the question.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8975/hwanswer.png

You have
[tex]du = \frac{e^{\sqrt{x}}}{2\sqrt{x}}dx = \frac{1}{2\sqrt{x}e^{-\sqrt{x}}}dx[/tex]

The part you have circled (and including dx) is 2du.
 
Last edited by a moderator: