How does LQG describe gravity?

In summary, spinfoams and spin networks are able to describe the structure of space and time in classical GR by relating geometry and energy momentum. However, they are not embedded in classical spacetime and can be thought of as constituting spacetime itself. This means that they are also related to gravity, which can be understood as the geometry of spacetime. While you have not seen how they are specifically related to gravity, it seems that they are intrinsically connected.
Heidi
I can see how spinfoams and spin networks can describe the structure of space and time. But i have not seen what is added so that there is gravity. is it a less action principle?u

Physics news on Phys.org
Heidi said:
But i have not seen what is added so that there is gravity.

What is gravity in the context of classical GR?

In GR we have an equality relating the geometry and the energy momentum it cotains. so we get geodesics and derivatives.
Here the networks are not embedded in the classical space time.

Heidi said:
Here the networks are not embedded in the classical space time.

Well, in a way they constitute spacetime. And since gravity can be thought of as geometry of spacetime, and since you've said that you see how spinfoams and networks are related to spacetime, then I guess that would mean that you should see how they are related to gravity :tree:

I asked the question because i did not succeed. Did you?