How fast is this jet (UFO?) traveling in this video?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SystemaNoob1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jet Video
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
SystemaNoob1
Messages
10
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I want to know how fast this jet, bird, UFO is traveling at around 1:51. It appears to the right of Dana's head in the interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvDAeosvDNw&eurl

EDIT: I guess this forum doesn't do embedding?

Homework Equations


No idea, but here's a screenshot from the video.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8413/ufodanahs4.jpg

The Attempt at a Solution


Around 600 mph?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It is too hard to find out its speed without knowing distance from camera, if it is a jet, you *may* guess its size and speed may be obtained with cameras view angle, but it is too hard to find. There may only be guesses i think.
 
Estimations are what I'm looking for anyways, I just want someone to either rule out a bird.