1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering How hard is it to get a traineeship abroad (e.g. US)?

1. Feb 6, 2017 #1
    I need someone to bring me back to reality because I may have disillusioned myself. I thought that it should not be too difficult to get a temporal job, graduate programme etc. applying from Europe. Yet I have so much trouble finding ads with visa sponsorship. I also start to think that my changes are even slimmer considering that I'm coming from a small country with less recognizable education in Production Engineering even though I do have some experience from global companies in Europe.

How hard is it to move to , e.g. US, Canada, Australia, Singapore for at least a year of graduate traineeship type of work?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2017 #2
    Are you a current student? You should have an advisor who can tell you your options?

4. Feb 12, 2017 #3
    I just finished my master thesis and going to work for a few more months in R&D department of aerospace components. I'm not too passionate about the position and didn't get use to the work-life balance I have in the town I live in. I'm a fresh graduate so I guess I just want to relocate even if it is outside my field of experience just to see what's out there.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted