How High Can Water Climb in a Tank with a High-Velocity Inlet?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
naimagul
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
In a tank there is a hole at the bottom of radius 5cm.If water entering the vessel with pipe of radius 5cm with velocity 30m/s. Find maximum height to which tank can be filled.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hi naimagul! :wink:

show us what you've tried, and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help! :smile:
 
tiny-tim said:
hi naimagul! :wink:

show us what you've tried, and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help! :smile:

Um I am confused about the formula to be used. I tried P=density *g*height but it didn't,the work out because pressure is not known. I wonder if equation for continuity is the possible solution.
 
start with the exit velocity …

what does the exit velocity have to be?​