How High Does the Crate Reach on the Lunar Crater's Inclined Plane?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Leesh09
Messages
8
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



A crate with scientific equipment slides down a curved frictionless side of lunar crater of the depth h, and then up along the other side which is an inclined plane. The coefficient of kinetic friction between crate and incline is k, and the inclined side makes an angle θ with the horizontal. Use energy methods to find the maximum height ymax reached by the crate.


Homework Equations



Ug=mgy
I know there are others but I'm not sure what is relevant

The Attempt at a Solution


Right now I have something like mgy=mgh-(k*n)y/sin theta.

I'm pretty sure this is terribly wrong but I need help with some explanation to it. Please!
 
Physics news on Phys.org