Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How is it being a high school teacher in USA

1. Jul 30, 2007 #1
    Hello. I have heard many things about high school teaching in USA schools. I would like to know if any of the high school teachers can please guide me how is it to be a high school teacher in school in US. Also if at all I want to knw abt the syllabus are the physics high school and secondary text books available online which i can refer to.

Also can I go for college teaching if I have done my Masters from India. Is any special exam needed for college teaching? Or if there is any scope of research fellowship/assistantship possible.

Please do guide me. Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2007 #2
    usually you would need a phd in order to teach collge physics however I have heard that some community colleges wil take masters students.

4. Aug 8, 2007 #3
    hey thanx, well i refered to the sites and did find out that community colleges may hire postgraduates. Now lets see m searching out for all opportunities and find out one as career.
    Thanks

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook