1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How is it being a high school teacher in USA

1. Jul 30, 2007 #1
    Hello. I have heard many things about high school teaching in USA schools. I would like to know if any of the high school teachers can please guide me how is it to be a high school teacher in school in US. Also if at all I want to knw abt the syllabus are the physics high school and secondary text books available online which i can refer to.

Also can I go for college teaching if I have done my Masters from India. Is any special exam needed for college teaching? Or if there is any scope of research fellowship/assistantship possible.

Please do guide me. Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2007 #2
    usually you would need a phd in order to teach collge physics however I have heard that some community colleges wil take masters students.

4. Aug 8, 2007 #3
    hey thanx, well i refered to the sites and did find out that community colleges may hire postgraduates. Now lets see m searching out for all opportunities and find out one as career.
    Thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?