How long does it take to produce H2 in a closed beaker

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter PeetPb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Closed
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
PeetPb
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
hi,
I've got a problem which I cannot solve. The problem says that How long does it take to produce H2 in a closed beaker with volume 5l pressure 10Mpa and temp. 20 C with a current of 0.7A. First thing I did was to calculate the amount of H2 in that beaker. Assuming that it behaves ideally I calculated that there should be about 20.515 moles of hydrogen. And what now ? Is there any formula for this ?
thanx
 
Physics news on Phys.org


what's the time needed for electrolysis to produce that amount of H2