How Many Atoms and What Mass Result from an Electrical Current in Zinc?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 314pi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Electricity
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
314pi
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
0.16 amps from a dry battery for 10 minutes, according to the severity of an electrical current was received during this time wearing zinc
a) Find the number of atoms.
b) Find the mass.

i don't know english and i translate the text from turkish by google translate. please answer this question.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I cannot remember my chemistry too well but I think you will need to use Faraday's number which is around 96,500 C/mol. I cannot remember if that number is too accurate so you should check your textbook.

You can find the charge using the current and time.