How many electrons make up a charge of -15.0 uC?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 6K views
Kaylee Hamann
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
So I've already got some help on this one, now I have a different question pertaining to this equation.

I know
N=q/e
e=-1.6x10^-19
q=-15x10-6

so I tried:

N=(-15x10-6)/-1.6x10^-19
N=-156/-1.6x10^-19
N=9.74
~that was wrong

So I thought maybe this:
N=(-15x10-6)/-1.6x10^-19
N=--60/-1.6x10^-19
N=3.8x10^-18
~also wrong

so I thought maybe I need to use the full form of e=-1.602x106-19

N=(-15x10-6)/-1.602x106-19
N=-156/-1.602x106-19
N=9.74x10^-18
~that was wrong

So I thought maybe this:
N=(-15x10-6)/-1.602x106-19
N=--60/-1.602x106-19
N=3.75x10^-18
~also wrong

please help I don't know why it keeps turning up wrong.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Kaylee Hamann said:
what?
I thought my questions were very clear.
What do you get if you multiply x to the power of a (xa) by x to the power of b (xb)?
 
What is x^a*x^b = x^a+b
What is x^a/x^b = x^a-b
What is 10^-6 / 10^-19 = 10^-6-(-19) = 10^-25
 
Kaylee Hamann said:
What is x^a*x^b = x^a+b
What is x^a/x^b = x^a-b
What is 10^-6 / 10^-19 = 10^-6-(-19) = 10^-25
Close, but you went wrong at the last step. What is -6-(-19)?
(And you really should use parentheses correctly: x^(a+b) etc.)